Sunday, April 24, 2016

Atlanta, Youtube & YOU

There's so much I miss about Atlanta. The energy and excitement is so unique. You're able to live in a house on the hill surrounded by trees and friendly neighbors, while still being only moments away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Not to mention there's Clark Atlanta, the amazing nightlife, and the never ending Southern cuisine. However, in my opinion, what is the most special about Atlanta is it's growing and evolving media landscape and the individuals who are using it to pave their own way.

When I lived there I was lucky enough to meet one of those people, Russell Rainey. At the time he was simply a film student with big dreams and an intense passion for filmmaking. He now is a producer and director who makes his sole income from the creation and distribution of filmmaking .

His latest project is called Detective A.J.  The film takes place in an alternative future, a time where humans and androids (robots that resemble humans), live among each other. The story follows A.J -a normal guy who is wrongly accused for a murder. Check out the trailer below.


Social media and the internet has changed the game for creatives and freelancers. If you want to create something--just put it out. I admire people who have the courage to go after their dreams and turn them into fruition. What are your goals? I used Atlanta, because it has a special place in my heart. But, the truth is you can be anywhere. 

Anyways, I'm just Sunday venting. Check out the trailer and don't forget to subscribe to Russel's channel. We have to support each other! Let me know what you think. I love my sci-fi! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment